Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why Vermont Farm Tours?

Good News! In June 2009 we will be launching Vermont Farm Tours, a Burlington, VT-based culinary tour company. Here's the background:

I love people. I really appreciate where I live. I love the science, lore, hands, and dirt that whisper to your tongue when you eat real food. And the more connected I am to the food I eat, the better I feel. I love to take part in the story that is eating, and I love to share that story with friends. I believe that growing food or meeting the people that feed you has the power to change lives and build community.

And, frankly, I miss spending time with my farmy, foodie friends.

Enter, Vermont Farm Tours. With some savvy, a lot of help (thanks!), and good planning, I will be able to stay connected to a community that I enjoy and share the story of inspiring places, people, and cuisine. If that I f that means learning QuickBooks and web design, all the better. There is an art to everything.

Ultimately, showing off the most unique farmers and producers in the country to a group of fun guests is my vision of an ideal day. You have to agree that there’s something special (if not mind-blowing) about tasting a cheese (or beer or carrot) after you saw the cows, learned about why the farmer farms, learned what the cheesemaker is thinking when he makes the cheese, and watched him do it.

Farm on!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment